STRONG RESULTS INCLUDE YIELD INCREASE AND HOLLOW HEART REDUCTION
LOUISVILLE, KY (February 3, 2020) – SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC, a provider of innovative agricultural fertilizer products, has announced the results of a recent field trial on potato crops, using a potent ratio of sulfate and soluble calcium delivered in a patented sustained-release, plant-available method. In multiple tests, Idaho potatoes showed yield increases from 22 cwt to 32 cwt alongside a 9% reduction in hollow heart disease or 2/3 vs. the grower standard, when using 100 lbs./acre of SUL4R-PLUS fertilizer during or prior to tuber initiation. The health results are notable, as plant nutrition – in particular, the level of pre-growth calcium – has been directly linked to better plant health, and therefore to an increase in overall yield and quality as well.
Some Basics on Sulfur:
- More sulfur fertilizer is needed due to decreased air pollution
- Has multiple forms that change in the soil – the sulfate form, which easily leaches, is most utilized by plants
Some Basics on Calcium:
- Third-highest nutrient uptake amount, behind nitrogen and potassium
- Essential for healthy growing vegetation and, when limited, disorders such as internal brown spot and hollow heart can occur
- Must be in a plant-available form for uptake, and available when the plants need it
Why SUL4R-PLUS® Fertilizer?
- Great source of plant-available forms of sulfate sulfur and soluble calcium
- Plant-safe – salt index of 5, vs 88.3 for AMS
- An economical, immediately available, and seasonally sustained release of sulfate and calcium – proven to match crop uptake
About SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC
Based in Louisville, KY, SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC develops innovative products for the agricultural market including SUL4R-PLUS® fertilizer, an in-demand granular calcium sulfate that is engineered to provide improved crop yield for growers. While synthetic gypsum has been used in agriculture applications in the past, SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC has a patented process to create dust free, uniformly sized granules, making calcium and sulfur application easier for the farmer and meeting the increasing demand for higher yields by the regional farming industry. SUL4R-PLUS® BORON fertilizer, SUL4R-PLUS® ZINC fertilizer and SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer also now are available. For more information, visit www.SUL4R-PLUS.com or email info@SUL4R-PLUS.com. Follow us on twitter @sul4rplus or LinkedIn for up to date field trial results.