It is not too late to add SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer in your side dress applications on corn and soybeans, or too early to plan to add SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer in your fall blends on wheat to bring more value to the grower.
This year’s corn and soybean crops are looking as though they have the potential to produce very good results given a good season and strong pricing. The USDA Crop Progress report released on 05/29/2018 indicates corn planting is ahead of the prior 5-year average, and last year, at 92%; Corn Emerged is ahead of the prior 5-year average, and last year, at 72%; and Corn Condition is looking better than last year, at 79% G-T-E. The Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and SUL4R-PLUS, LLC’s home state of Kentucky, are reported at 83%, 78%, 82%, and 85% G-T-E respectively.
Take a look at the below pictures from a corn trial underway in Christian County, KY where 100 lbs/acre of SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer was post applied alone after planting, note SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer was applied in alternating 80’ swaths across the planted rows of corn. Farmer standard Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium were applied pre-plant on every acre. Notice the visual difference; the green up and healthier plants. Recent tissue samples from this trial indicate enhanced uptake of Calcium, Sulfur, Zinc, and Boron, with multiple studies and trials indicating that the nutrients will remain available throughout the crop growing season delivering yield increases.
We know what you will ask: “What will the yield difference look like?” Our experience over multiple, replicated trials on corn is that the application of 50 to 100 lbs of SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer to typical grower blends has delivered increased yields of 11-30 bu/acre in differing soil conditions, resulting in grower ROI’s of 150%-698%.
Also, multiple replicated trials of our SUL4R-PLUS® products on soybeans have indicated yield increases of 3-14 bu/acre, with an average of 6 bu/acre, resulting in grower ROI’s of up to 166%.
“It’s not too early to plan to add SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer to your fall blends on wheat?” That is correct. See the below table of tissue sample data from a trial underway on wheat in Herndon, KY.
Sample A is the grower standard treated with 100 lbs/acre of KMAG. Sample B-T is the grower standard without KMAG, but with 100 lbs/acre of SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer. The fertilizers were applied at planting in October 2017. There are six alternating 90-foot swaths of each application, and the field had received > 36 inches of rain between planting to the 05/07/2018 tissue sample (> 23 inches of rain since 01/01/2018) date done with flag leaves at mid bloom. This tissue sample data clearly indicates that when applied in the fall as preplant for winter crops such as wheat or with Phosphorus and Potassium for next year’s crop; SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer will still be providing plant available Calcium, Sulfur, Zinc, and Boron, when needed in the spring. Confirm the laboratory trial conclusions by Texas A&M’s Dr. Jake Mowrer published in early 2017 by visiting www.SUL4R-PLUS.com.
SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer micronutrient package delivers a potent quartet of nutrients – Boron, Zinc, Calcium and Sulfur – formulated to make nutrition immediately available to hungry crops whether applied in the spring or in the fall.
- Every granule contains Boron, Zinc, Calcium and Sulfur, so every plant gets fed with efficient nutrition
- Product solubility provides immediate nutrition to all crops whether applied in the spring or the fall
- All nutrients are in plant-available form (no waiting), for Right Product, Right Place, Right Rate, Right Time (4Rs)
- 40-50 granules per square foot (based on 100 lbs/acre application rate) – resulting in uniform feeding
- Phosphorus-free, for P-sensitive and P-restricted zones
- Provides formulation flexibility, allowing you to provide the correct nutrition or variable rate feeding for crops without overapplying Potassium, Phosphorus, or Nitrogen
- Nutrient releasing characteristics that best mimic the nutrient uptake curves of most crops during the growing season and also indicate it is a superior source of Sulfate-Sulfur for fall application, especially versus AMS, which leaches out of the soil solution in 5-10 days
- Flexibility to spread 90-120 feet
- Highest quality granules that blend well with other dry fertilizers with dust-free handling
- Low salt index less than 8, making it safe for in-furrow application
Get the secondary and micronutrient fertilizer solution for Macro yields. For more information regarding SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer, call 844-822-8385 or e-mail INFO@SUL4R-PLUS.COM.