STRONG RESULTS INCLUDE YIELD INCREASE
LOUISVILLE, KY (April 13, 2020) – SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC, a provider of innovative agricultural fertilizer products, announces the results of corn and soybean crops field trials. These trials combine sulfate and soluble calcium with Boron and Zinc nutrients, all delivered in a patented, sustained-release, plant-available method. SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer offers Boron, Zinc, Calcium, and Sulfur in every granule to provide nutrition to hungry crops all season long. Because of its continuous release formulation, SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer can be applied in the fall or the spring.
In side-by-side tests throughout multiple states in 2019, including Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and Minnesota, corn showed an average yield increase of 13 bu/acre compared to the grower standard when using 100 lbs/acre of SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer. In addition, savings were also realized by avoiding the added cost of KMAG, AMS, foliar nutrients, and additional input costs. At the 2020 crop insurance rate of $3.88/bu, this is an increase of $50.44/acre to the grower’s revenue.
The plant nutrition results were interesting – in particular, not only did Calcium, Sulfur, Boron and Zinc tissue concentrations increase, but other nutrients like N increased in the plant tissue. This is a strong indicator of the importance of ensuring all the needed nutrients, including Calcium and Sulfur, are plentiful and in forms that are readily-available to the plant.
In side-by-side 2019 soybean trials in Kentucky, SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer increased yields by 9.8 bu/ acre compared to the grower standard. Using the 2019 crop insurance rate of $9.17/bu, there was an increase of $89.87/acre increase in grower revenue.
SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer improved overall soybean plant health by providing essential micronutrients Boron and Zinc in one complete dry fertilizer application as opposed to two separate fertilizer applications, dry and foliar (liquid) indicated by the grower standard. One application of combined nutrients in the SUL4R-PLUS B+Z fertilizer showed not only a financial benefit but saved time.
Key Benefits of SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z Fertilizer:
- Every particle contains Boron, Zinc, Calcium, and Sulfur, so every plant gets fed with all the nutrition
- The fertilizer formulation provides season long nutrition to any crops
- The even spread and continuous release of nutrients fit the 4-R’s – Right Product, Right Place, Right Rate, Right Time)
- Uniform size ensures particles blend well with urea, DAP, MAP, and potash
- Specifically designed with larger pellets that are more uniform than most fertilizers. This enables spreading further and more uniformly.
- The uniform pellet spreading makes it a very effective way to evenly spread micro nutrients that have lower rates
- Phosphorous-free, for P-sensitive and P-restricted zones
- Provides formulation flexibility, allowing you to provide the correct nutrition for crops without overapplying potassium, phosphorous, and nitrogen
- Flexibility to spread 90-120 feet
- Dust-free handling
- Sulfur enhances microbial activity resulting in increased degradation of organic residue in the field
- The product has a low salt index of approximately 8
- Because of the continuous release properties that align with crop uptake, SUL4R-PLUS B+Z fertilizer reduces excessive early availability which can be lost from leaching before the crop can utilize more of the nutrients.
Furthering Your Knowledge
Did you know – Sulfur basics:
- More Sulfur fertilizer is needed due to decreased air pollution that used to provide adequate Sulfur levels for most crops.
- Like nitrogen, Sulfur has multiple forms that change in the soil. The sulfate form is what the plant takes up however, it is also a form that easily leaches through the soil profile.
Did you know – Calcium basics:
- Third-highest nutrient uptake amount, behind nitrogen and potassium
- Must be in a plant-available form for uptake, and available when the plants need it
Why SUL4R-PLUS® Fertilizer?
- Excellent source of plant-available forms of sulfate sulfur and soluble calcium
- Plant-safe – salt index of 8.1, vs. 88.3 for AMS
- An economical source of sustained release sulfate and Calcium – proven to match crop uptake throughout the growing season.
About SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC
Based in Louisville, KY, SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC develops innovative products for the agricultural market, including SUL4R-PLUS® fertilizer, an in-demand granular calcium sulfate that is engineered to provide improved crop yield for growers. While synthetic gypsum has been used in agriculture applications in the past, SUL4R-PLUS®, LLC, has a patented process. Creating dust-free, uniformly sized granules, making calcium, and sulfur application easier for the farmer and meeting the increasing demand for higher yields by the regional farming industry. SUL4R-PLUS® BORON fertilizer, SUL4R-PLUS® ZINC fertilizer, and SUL4R-PLUS® B+Z fertilizer also now are available. For more information, visit www.SUL4R-PLUS.com or email info@SUL4R-PLUS.com. Follow us on twitter @sul4rplus or LinkedIn for up to date field trial results.